PT2 HOPE TO DO LIST

Last week I started writing down my list of stuff that I hope to be, do etc…I was to continue the list before heading off with my girls out of town but Friday was mainly spent making phone calls.

 

LIVING IN MY OWN PLACE

It’s been a year of awesome fun living with housemates and away from my parents. It been a learning opportunity and it has also come with its challenges. I am glad that contrary to the doomsayer who predicted world war three we have lived harmoniously. It was interesting living with housemates from other continents who have a totally different world view and interesting encompasses the good, the bad and the ugly. As per my plan I would do the house share for a year or  a year and a half at the most then move out to live in my own place. A friend asked me why the rush right now. I do not think I am rushing. Though in me is the need to just be on my own and have a new start and walk away from everything that was last year but I AM NOT rushing in getting my own place. I will take my time but if I get what I feel is a good deal then I will consider it. So hopefully by year end I will have my own place with imprints of me in terms of décor and style.

 

MARATHON

This ties in with exercise. I started gym last year then slacked off in Dec for the holiday season but I fully intend to get back o the wagon. Each year there are several  marathons in this country and each year that goes by without my participation is a shame; so I will train and participate in at least one marathon and more if I can make it.

 

TRAVEL

I did some travel in 2010 but I feel I could have done more within the country. This year I intend to go to at least three other countries. One hopefully will be the UK seeing as my cousin is getting married mid this year. If one of my friends is to be believed then I should be enjoying the tiger prawns in Maputo. I intend to go to Baobab when it’s low season and experience the all inclusive deal that they offer and also experience the white water rafting in Nanyuki. We have plans to do some serviced apartments in Nyeri. Indeed that town is dear to our hearts and all topped with visiting dala in Kisumu City and Dar/ Mwanza. I would love for some man to take me to Zanzibar. I loved it when I went with my family but I would love to go back with some adoring man as an accompaniment.lol

 

WRITING

2010 was a blogging year even if it was not in depth blogging. I am going back to journaling. I think I really miss it. Journaling is also a bit more painful as I can never BS when I’m journaling like the way I can when blogging or talking. It is raw, blunt, honest, ugly, beautiful, awesome, exposed i.e. everything. Last year made me realize I need to be more cautious in my sharing of information with other be they friends or foe. Not that I journal deep dark secrets but rather my thoughts and emotions. I really want to incorporate the ideas Karen had on chokooloonks. Beyond the journals and blogs I have other stuff I should have written years ago but kept indulgently keeping off. I will try this year…That is all I can promise. I would like to also liaise with a serious fashion editor to see what I can do with that; I have some ideas but not yet concrete ideas.

 

VOLUNTEER

2010 must have been my most self-centered year. I used to volunteer for various causes but last year was a year for Me ,myself and I. As expected it was also the year filled with so much discontent and discord in my life. On the other hand I had experience of getting so caught up in whoever or whatever is happening that it permeates every area of my life till I cannot cope hence I have to precede with caution. I heard about Kimbilio Shelters from my boss and I would really love to be involved with them and help out in any way I can. It still haunts me that I feel  a calling to do something with young girls yet I never do anything. Apathy is horrible. I promised myself to thaw my heart a bit this year towards the people around me rather than just turn my face away from all of it.

 

LOVING ME

Each month to buy for myself one item or treat myself to one thing that reminds me that I am loving me and appreciating me. And more than that buy one thing big or small to appreciate one other person in my life to remind myself of how much giving and appreciating others is an investment.

 

INVESTMENT

I read up on RITS but not intensively so this year I would want to join one and do something regarding owning property or saving up to own property. I promised my boy that I would put a certain amount away for the trading in the stock exchange. In addition to that I have an idea that will combine my love for fashion and interior while still earning me money. I need to purchase a camera, a laptop and move into my own place and I should be doing more than a nine to five job.

 

HEALTH

Apart from the usual checks done annually I will do a whole blood work this year seeing as My brother has sickle cell and I need to know whether I am a carrier or not. I need to get a trusted dentist, gynecologist and general practioner whom I can be seeing regularly. I have a bad attitude when it comes to doctors and hospitals so this year I have to grow up. I could eat much better food than I am currently eating if truth be told even if it means looking for a cook.

 

Ironically I have left out my career yet it is the one constant thought in my mind…but for now it’s a wait and see.  I really hope I get to do most of these stuff and maybe just maybe I will like the girl in the mirror a tad bit more than  do now. Happy New year people. 2011 is here.

 

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments