Lonely...

Loneliness has become like the fog over a mountain. Heavy and clinging. Respite found only when the sun is at it's hottest and even then it is with the knowledge that soon it will come back with the tenacity of a guest who has overstayed the welcome he never received. Loneliness must be male; surely a woman would not be so biting. It shames me that I am lonely. It is not that I lack friends or family, rather my heart is lonely. It longs to be cherished and protected. I feel sick and tired of accepting crumbs swept off banquet tables. I long to be part of the revelry. So on this Sunday afternoon I admit that I am lonely. Incidentally I feel that I am losing one of my friends. He is not going away but in some ways that count, he is more or less gone. Its the way of life. He has his person so now my significance reduces. I don't want him but his situation seems to magnify the stark reality that is my lonely life... Maybe the sun will shine soon for in my inner being the embers of hope of finding my person are almost snuffed out. For now the brief respite is what I await...

You Might Also Like

2 comments