The latter side of 20"S

 

Unlike most of my peers, I am not hang up on age. Enough of my friends go around bemoaning the fact that we are old! Where they got this crazy idea only God knows. You would think we are senior citizens.

 

 

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ff6Jm6oRgbw/SZohUylCRxI/AAAAAAAAABo/I0YFFn9YBCk/s200/ist2_775261-senior-citizens.jpg

 

 

That said and done I am not excited about turning 26.I loved being 25! 26 sounds like some lackluster age with no umpf! I will probably be more excited about being 27 or 28.

 

This past year has been one of the toughest years. It started with partying but for a majority of it  was filled with pain in my life. Yet it’s also the year that showed me the true meaning of tenacity and how sometimes holding on can be the strongest thing a person can do. I have leant what strength of character means but most of all you can never do it alone…

 

I have changed a great deal. I experienced what it means to love and suffer for it. Indeed in one of my journals I once wrote that there is nothing worse than giving the right thing to the wrong person. I spent most of my life protecting my heart and when I did fully give it away I gave it to the very worst sort that I could choose…yet I celebrate the fact that today I can stand and say I survived what I could never imagine surviving.

 

I am probably not where I feel I need to be in terms of the goals I set out for myself but I applaud the distance I have come and all I can do is to refuse to buy into the lie that the ebst ahs come and gone. As I always say the best is yet to come yet each year I get a bit a jaded sadly.

 

Tomorrow I turn 26.I FEEL NOTHING.

 

 

http://www.shawuniversitymosque.org/JTaqwa/images/numb-black.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You Might Also Like

1 comments