all in a conversation

so here iw as chatting with this guy..and the conversation was very interesting..i have taken some excerpts of that..the rest is not for public consumption..but iwas really impressed by what he says about marriage...it got me thinking how jaded i sometimes am
me: WSUP..MY NET JUST WENT OUT..SO U WERE TO ANS ME...
Guy: Marriage is a choice
A conscious choice made by one
to get married to one and only one other person
Its about sharing friendship and then love
Its about raising a family that will bring so much joy than developing an empire of wealth
Ofcos its bound by Gods will and love
Its about respecting my wife and getting the best out of her and vice versa
The issue of money comes in only as a compliment
IDEALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats marriage
personally..am from a stable family
would like to have my own

me: wow!!!!!!!!am blown away....really
Guy: Ideally
me: but what guarantees you you will have the same stable marriage...am playing devils advocate..here..but if i know i would be the ife my mum is and the guy would be the hubbby my dad is..then cool..but thats not guaranteed
guy: Doesnt work out like this but...I agree
marriage is a choice
Its a choice
U decide that you will make the most happiness
Let me correct that
true Happiness
me: hahahahah..happiness really mattrs to you?doesnt it?
Guy: Not just happiness
and Happiness is not Subjective
me: how now..for me truth is not subjective..hence i value it more than happiness
to me happiness is fleeting..here today..gone tommorrow
guy: Nope
Happiness is wat you get wen u seek the truth
n the only truth that yiu get closer to the truth is if you seek God
God is the only truth
but since we cant access him and be with him
we seek him
and in so doing we r seeking truth
which makes us happy
ofcos there is the other happiness wen we seek finite goods
goods like money that have a lifetime
then our happiness also gets a lifetime..its not eternal
me: i get...god is truth and He is absolute..not changing...yetanother aspect..is i ned truth in all my relationships..the minute i sense there is a lack of that...i put up defences..i mean i cant trust bila truth...
ok is ee your point so when u speak of happiness in terms of marriage what do u mean
eternal or temporary

Guy: U see
true happiness comes when you extend your heart to another being
not perishable things
seeking God on earth means seeking that wich is close to him
me: true
Guy: n it can only be a human being
me: hahahahahah..i like taht...i can only be ahuman being./.i like you..and how you phrase stuff
Guy: [smile]
U should be the philosophical one here
me: i get taht...i am not anti human beings or anti love..or anti marriage....but i ahve to admit..i looka round and its not good news...whn it comes to marriage..especially our gneration..but i also belive that God knows taht...and not everyone is the smae..there is hope

God gave u two things that animals dont have
a will and intellect
Intellect together with your sense(wich we share with animals)
allow us to gather knowlwdge
we can see, smell, hear and using the intellect assimilate this knowledge
me: tis is good..go ahead

Guy: It was like
God gave u two things that animals dont have
a will and intellect
Intellect together with your sense(wich we share with animals)
allow us to gather knowlwdge
we can see, smell, hear and using the intellect assimilate this knowledge
But its the will that makes us distinctive
The ability to choose
And our choices are only about the rightness or wrongness of the things in our intellect
how do we tell the difference...
but refering to the objective truth
wich is God....and this is where Religion comes to our lives
the good must tie with the objective truth..God
and so even in marriage we make that choice...
u will use the intellect to look at me...and like...and choose to get married to me coz God likes it too and this leads to true happiness
lemi go to lunch

me: interesting view point..and i am very intrigued by ypur flow of thought....but intellect does not come into place when people like others ..someyimes its just attraction..though it comes onto play when you are choosing whom to be with
x

me: ok
Guy: that attraction is a matter of the intellect first noticing
me: nope i disagree/./there is no intellect involved AT ALL
Guy: and then u make a delibarate choice to get attracted
[tongue]
me: atually attraction is not a choice..you are attracted to people for who knows what..but you get to choose whther to act on taht attarction
Guy: I will need to tell u of voluntary n involuntary acts after lunch
me: cool game on..enjoy
Guy: [smile]
me: [smile]


"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in Your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed"

You Might Also Like

0 comments