Rejection Therapy

I learn of new things daily. Today I came across the rejection theory and it's piqued my interest. I want to commit to playing the game for 30 days. For anyone who knows me, rejection is one of my biggest fears. I avoid situations that have rejection potential. On trip back one of my friend was scolding me for refusing to give this guy I have known for years a chance. He wants to cook me lunch but I keep cancelling or hedging meeting up with him. at the back of my mind rejection is a threatening bully that won't allow me to take a chance. So yeah I want to try this.

For Jason Comely- the founder's story check out this link
If you aren’t familiar with Rejection Therapy: it’s a social game invented by an introverted guy named Jason Comely, and the one rule is that you must get rejected by another person at least once, every single day for 30 days

The five objectives of Rejection Therapy are:
1. To be more aware of how irrational social fears control and restrict our lives
2. Smash the tyranny of fear and reap the treasures (treasures include wealth, relationships and self-confidence)
3. Learn from, and even enjoy rejection
4. To not be attached to outcomes, especially when it involves the free agency of other people
5. Permit yourself to fail


What counts as a rejection attempt and a successful rejection?

A REJECTION ATTEMPT COUNTS IF YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE

A REJECTION COUNTS IF YOUR REQUEST IS DENIED

A REJECTION ATTEMPT SHOULD PUT  YOU IN A POSITION OF VULNERABILITY, BUT ALLOW THE RESPONDENT TO BE IN A POSITION OF POWER

When playing Rejection Therapy, make requests for things you want and are outside your comfort zone. If you don't want it and/or don't feel the fear – don't ask for it. You should also always expect rejection, because that counts as success in Rejection Therapy. It's as simple as that.
There is an exception to the rule, and that is if you're using the cards. The cards will suggest actions to take (called "rejection attempts") so you don't regress to a more protective and comfortable state.
Many of our fears are irrational, which is why I suggest "players" of Rejection Therapy go into a state known as Buddhist "no mind". It short circuits the mind and the fear that the mind creates, allowing you to make a rejection attempt with less discomfort.
One amazing thing I noticed about Rejection Therapy – getting rejected is hard! People are a lot more accommodating and willing to give you what you want than you can imagine! Try it and see for yourself!

You Might Also Like

0 comments