lazy friday...another compilation

I could be doing a lot of stuff but I'm too lazy. I'm giving myself permission to just enjoy the day and part of that enjoying the internet. It's been a busy week of marketing, sales and worrying so today I relax after acquiring myself anew contract to manage a client's social media.

On my way to the meeting pitch for the client I saw something so bizarre I'm still shocked. It's actually quite common in Nairobi for sales men and women to board buses and start promoting their products in booming voices. Usually my music saves me but today I'd forgotten my earphones so I had to endure what I find to be a nuisance. This lady was dishing out pills for free! This was part of her promotion! More alarming people were actually taking these pills. It boggled my mind. You left your home and suddenly some stranger just offers you medicine and you're like 'sure why not?' The young lady next to me was just as surprised as I was. I mean you don't know what those pills are and their effect on your body!Next she had a plastic bottle like the ones used for water. It had some clear liquid which she was selling. These were to clean the blood which has 'chemicals'. It was such a load of crap and people were lapping it up like she was some qualified medical practitioner. I even took her photo and number thinking I'd report her but I'm too tired to be bothered.

That aside below are some funny, sarcastic, profound or simply interesting stuff from my lazy wandering in the internet:

Tommy: “Okie dokie. So, since I’m not supposed to listen to women, ever, what should I do?”

Champ: “Pay attention. That’s it. Pay attention to what they respond to. Pay attention to who they say they need to stay away from. Pay attention to who makes them nervous.

And, if you want to get specific, if you’re interested in a particular type of women, pay attention to the type of men that those women always seem to date. For heaven’s sake, don’t ever f*cking listen to a word any of them say about what type of men they find attractive, but watch closely, read, observe, assess, and act.”

I think sometimes women confuse the two; we want the (__insert whatever the hell here__) type man but we really just need someone who understands us…and still choses to stay with us in spite of ourselves.

Naturally Alise on said:

“And a lot of �I always� and �I nevers� can be nuetralized by the right place/time/person.”

This is why I have given up on having “a type.” There is so much complexity that goes into attraction and retention of a mate. Not an exact science at all.


MicTheMessenger on said:

I also agree about complexity being a turn on. I like having to figure someone out. Unless I don�t like what I�m seeing, then he goes back in the box and I take out a new puzzle.

…well dang, what happens when you figure them out? Do you frame them and hang them on the wall as a reminder that you’re good at figuring ish out? Do they sit on your dining room table for eons cuz youre too lazy too frame them? Do you break them down and put them back in the box, losing interest for all eternity?

I’m curious as to why i asked myself these same questions as i typed them…

TheAnti-Cool on said:

Maybe he has an inner beauty. Like his bone marrow is ruggedly handsome or something.

Mahogany Princess on said:

Maybe it was his decomposing liver that was of interest. Or maybe some were intrigued by his ability to be unattractive at all times. He was ugly no matter the angle, lighting, or effects. Somebody found that attractive. I mean take Hoops for example, no matter big or small she likes ugly.

Come on People on said:

I absolutely love this article!!!! Yes, you are right, the unexpected is much more desireable. I remember telling my mother I would date a guy that smelled good and ugly over a man that was funky and cute. Reason why, you can put a bag over someone’s head or even close your eyes much longer than you can hold your nose…lol

.




You Might Also Like

0 comments