FRELIMO FRELIMO SAMORA MACHEL

 

Today on BBC Africa  Miriam Makeba’s song ‘aluta continua’ was playing. I love where she sings Samora Machel, Frelimo, Frelimo….Takes me back to history lessons before I grew to hate those darned dates. I love that song and the whole message. It made realize that some person borrowed my poisonwood Bible book and has decided to stay with it yet it’s one of the best books I ever read and each year keep wanting to read it. It lays out Congo’s history, Patrice Lumumba’s life and assassination from a very simplistic view of the family of a supposed missionary who was more villain than saint. I really miss that book will just get another copy. Aluta Continua also made me realize I have not read a copy of New African magazine in eons!!!!!!!!

 

On an unrelated note my housemate and I share the view that Mandela is overrated. He did his stuff but I think he is overrated especially by white folk. I mean compared to the millions who actually fought for the cause and paid the price by their very lives. Moreover Roben Island is paradise compared to most jails around the world. After reading his autobiography , my suspicion that Mandela loves women, in fact a player, and his first love was politics. It was in his blood. I think Winnie got a raw deal. You marry some dude and most of your married life he is  prison. That aside I have always held the unease with the union between Graca Machel and Mandela. Probably nothing despite the fact that dude was dead by the time the two hooked up…still seems iffy to me. Anyhuuuuuuuuuu these are some of the silly and not so silly stuff that came to mind on hearing this song

You Might Also Like

0 comments