26

It's never that serious...or is it?

Its never that serious. A phrase that often graces my mouth. I do believe that at times we take ourselves too seriously or whatever curveballs life throws our way. Its a phrase that is readily uttered but not so easily received. In all honesty who wants to hear empty platitudes while in the throes of problems which seem insurmountable? It almost seems insulting if not patronising. But as I said, it's never that serious. Perhaps it is and all am promoting is apathy. I have been accused of apathy by several people over different scenarios. I have to agree that for most of this year that shoe has fit. I only have to look at my career, my weight, my social life, my spiritual life and the state of my friendships. I have let the currents sweep me to whatever directions they have deemed fit and if along the way debris has attached itself to my person, it has not been my province to question. In three weeks i turn 26. Its that serious. If you are not making decisions over your life you best be sure someone is doing that job. The ice has melted and I'm no longer numb. One of my favourite quotes states that Every thing costs something. Some things cost everything. I paid the price this year and now I have to start the journey of being the awesome Woman I was created to become. INDEED ITS THAT SERIOUS

You Might Also Like

0 comments