nine to five






well i applied for a job in Ghana..and when i did it was almost by mistake as i was applying for a job in one of the partner companies in Kenya..but my application ended up in the Ghana office....i dint think much about..yet it came to my attention that as a consequence of that i missed the Nairobi job....lets just say i was in the dumps for days then i picked myself up and thought there could be a silver lining in this...so after that i begun to give the Ghana job some thought but not much as i was also waiting on some other offers...in the financial market especially in Kenya there are the BIG FOUR firms....of which one i was out coz of misapplying while the other one was not taking in people that left two..i applied in the two..of the two i was ambivalent about one as i had applied last year..only to drop out at one of its long interview stages........
THE BEEF WITH THE BIG FOUR THEY HAVE THESE LONG INTERVIEW PROCESSES AND SOMEHOW THEY COINCIDE SO THAT YOU MAY LEAVE ONE ONLY TO FAIL IN THE ONE YOU WERE PLACING YOUR HOPES IN..WHAT A QUAGMIRE...BUT ANYHUUU..SOMEHOW THERE IS A DAY I WOKE UP AND THOUGHT WHAT...Ghana...AWAY FROM HOME..LEAVING ALONE..MEETING DIFFERENT PEOPLE..EXPERIENCING NEW THINGS...EVEN IF HARDSHIPS..BUT SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND EXCITING..HAVING TO GROW UP AND GET OUT MY COMFORT ZONE...MAYBE FLIRTING WITH NEW MEN...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH meeting the moocha boys.....any way as you can see..i really got carried away..but finally iw as excited about this opportunity that God brought my way..even if to just get me excited again..as i had become more or less resigned by now....
I finally told my family that there is a possibility of me going to Ghana if the application went well..my mum was excited as the firm is a really good one...weird coz my mum is the type to want all her children in her nest till kingdom come..she said so herself..as if...my dad who is the easy gong one..whom has accepted the fact that you bring up kids to leave the nest was really reserved..he dint say anything negative..it was in his demeanor and each time he would change the subject...i am much closer to my dad than my mum..but that reaction just threw me...anyhuuu nothing can dampen my excitement...
I really want this job...i have moved from a platform of indifference to passionate longing.....MAYBE I AM A BIT NAIVE but i think it is a good opportunity and i would survive as my dad says i am a survivor....so my mum and i have been on a frenzy to get a passport and all my documents in order.....someone would think the contract has already been signed and sealed...yet i believe that faith works best when you give it your all so that when the deals fall through you have no regrets about having failed to do whatever you needed to do......
This year at some point i started going on some downward spiral.....honestly..some things i did for fun..others just to test limits and boundaries.....while i have not suffered physical consequences..i have paid some spiritual and emotional price.....i think part of that was just a loss of hope..in things getting better...i think i also lost some faith..in myself,in life and in God to a certain extent especially in regards to achieving my goals....there is a large part of me that has become so cynical about life and relationships.....yet there is day i said one of those honest prayers..that are often short yet to the point....and the next day i received some positive news from one of the big four's that i had applied to way back..i thought they had forgotten about it..or just dismissed my application....i get to do the first interview process next month..but it encouraged me..and just reminded me of how much God never forgets..even when i lose hope..and think He has abandoned me..even when i do stuff..to push him away..He is still faithful,,,i have no idea where my life is going nor where i will be this time next year..yet i am right now at a place where i am hopeful again..where i begin to see that in him all things hold together...while away from him anarchy governs and chaos rules
when i started this post it was to be a short post and mainly about Ghana....i realize i am very ignorant about other African Countries....or i have become..this is me who believes Americans are the most ignorant people when it comes to other countries in the world....i decided to do a little research about Ghana..seeing as i may live and work there....i know getting ahead of myself..but hey..and its interesting the stuff i learn..it doesn't deter me rather it makes me even more determined to get this job..my only fear is that i may get offers from the other two firms before hearing from them...Ghana is obviously my first choice then the firm that am doing the aptitude next month..of the four the rest rank it the least powerful but i prefer it to the one that rejected me last year..for obvious reasons..but God knows....so if you Accra features more than usual in this blog..well now you know/.....

You Might Also Like

0 comments