...MARINATING...

 

 

I love to quote Karen Walrond and from her latest post:

 

So this is what I've been working on lately:  allowing myself to acknowledge when things aren't going my way, when I've been disappointed, and even when my heart has been broken.  I'm learning to sit with my feelings, and acknowledge how I feel, as Brené would have me do, before letting go of any anger, hate or disillusionment, as Allen models.  Because that, I suspect, is the way to handle heartbreak.

 

 

It has been an eventful month starting with drama to do with my former house to work to other stuff. I have experienced anger, rage, hurt, disillusionment, despair, loneliness, frustation, stress(if that is an emotion) or perhaps I should state unending anxiety and worry.  I have cried bucketloads of tears perhaps to make up for the numbness that was my life last year. I have cried infront of my computer more than I ever thought possible nad for anyone who knows me, you would know how things must eb really bad as I REALLY hate anyone seeing me crying or even the thought of crying publicly whether the other person is aware of it or not.

 

YET…..

 

I have also been consistent in the things I promised myself . Though it’s been painful I have  been brutally honest with myself in taking responsibility where I have been a party to the bad things happinging to me or in my life. In the midst of my stormy life I have still been able to give of myself to things which I deem worthy of my time and person. Despite how many tears I have allowed to escape, I have laughed from the bottom of my bellow in moments when life has tickled me.

 

 

So for that TODAY I treat myself with kindness rather than judgment. Even when everything around me is screaming at my inadequacy I will reassure myself that I AM MORE THAN ENOUGH.

You Might Also Like

1 comments